I came up with this idea after I realized that the recipe for Roasted Red Peppers and White Bean Dip made way too much for us to consume in a reasonable period of time.
4 oz penne pasta
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 small onion, sliced stem to root
4 oz crimini mushrooms, quartered or halved
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup Roasted Red Pepper and White Bean Dip
6 oz baby spinach
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta just until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil along with the red pepper flakes. When the oil is hot add the onions and mushrooms and saute until tender. Stir in the garlic and cook just a moment, then season with salt and black pepper. Add the oregano.
3. When the veggies are cooked to your liking stir in the beans and Roasted Red Pepper Dip and heat through.
4. Add the spinach and toss gently just until the spinach begins to wilt and is evenly distributed in the sauce.
5. At this point you can either stir in the pasta or serve the sauce on top. Sprinkle with the feta cheese.