This recipe is a remake of “One-Pan Tuscan Ravioli” with a few extra veggies thrown in.
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cups cubed eggplant, 1/2″ cubes
4 ounces Crimini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 medium bell pepper, cut in 1″ pieces
1 large serrano pepper, seeded and sliced
1 14 1/2-oz can Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups chicken stock, divided
1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2″ slices
1 9-oz package refrigerated spinach and cheese tortellini
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 15-oz can cannellini or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
shredded Parmesan cheese, for serving
thinly sliced fresh basil, for garnish
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium heat. Saute eggplant until lightly browned, then remove to a plate and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil. Saute the mushrooms and peppers until slightly softened.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups stock, and zucchini and bring to a boil. Add tortellini and cook, uncovered, until tortellini are tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock, stirring until smooth. Add to the skillet and stir until the sauce has thickened.
5. Return the eggplant to the pan and add the beans. Heat through.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil before serving.