I serve this over whole wheat ravioli, or sometimes cheese grits, with homemade Eggplant Marinara and grated parmesan.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound Japanese eggplant, peeled
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
1 medium zucchini
1/2 medium Vidalia onions
1 medium red bell pepper
1 small Anaheim pepper
8 ounces cremini mushrooms
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1. Chop eggplant into 1 inch cubes; place in a colander and toss with 3/4 tsp salt. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375 for convection or 400 conventional.
3. Drizzle the olive oil on a sheet pan. Chop the remaining vegetables into 1 inch chunks and toss in the oil on the sheet pan.
4. Rinse the eggplant in cold water and pat dry. Add to the other veggies. Sprinkle all with the remaining 3/4 tsp. salt and Italian seasoning. Toss to coat.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, then toss and bake another 10 to 20 minutes to the desired tenderness.