A little bit of cottage cheese and Parmesan give this light summer dish just enough creamy and satisfying finish.
3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium red bell pepper, cut in 1″ pieces
1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise & sliced 1/4″ thick
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup tomato, diced
1/8 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz potato gnocchi
1. Put a large pot of well salted water on to boil.
2. In a small food processor, combine cottage cheese and Parmesan; blend until smooth.
3. In a large skillet heat oil until hot. Add red bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until it just begins to soften. Add zucchini, mushrooms, green onions and garlic; continue to cook and stir until mushrooms are tender.
4. Stir in tomato, basil, and salt; cook until tomato is just warm, then stir in cheese mixture.
5. In the pot of boiling water, quickly cook the gnocchi just until they float to the top and are firm. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the vegetable mixture; stir to combine. Serve immediately.