If you like, substitute pork tenderloin for the chops. Just extend both the brining time and grilling time accordingly.
3 quarts water
3/4 cup kosher salt
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
4 bone in pork loin chops or bone in center-cut pork chops (about 3 lbs total)
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup rib rub
1. Dissolve salt, sugar, and garlic in one quart of very hot water. Allow to cool, then combine with the remaining two quarts of cold water in a gallon zip-lock type bag. Add the chops and squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing.
2. Refrigerate for about an hour, turning occasionally.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil into the lemon juice.
4. Remove chops from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the olive oil mixture onto the chops, then coat with rib rub and massage into the meat.
5. Allow to sit with rub while preparing the grill.
6. Prepare grill to very hot. Move charcoal to one side of grill.
7. Place chops on the very hot side of the grill, cover and cook until browned on each side (approx 3-4 min per side) then move over to the cooler side of the grill to continue cooking.
8. Turning once until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees (approx 7-9 minutes longer) remove from heat and allow to rest, tented with foil, at least 5 minutes. (Internal temp will rise to about 145 degrees). Serve.