Serve slices of Simple Pork Tenderloin warm or at room temperature with biscuits or small rolls. Horseradish Spread and Maple Mustard are delicious as condiments.
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder, optional
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat & membranes
1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Rub each of the trimmed tenderloins with half of the olive oil and half of the seasoning mix to coat. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour or up to overnight.
3. Remove the meat from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
4. Heat a large oven proof skillet over medium-high heat and preheat the oven to 400°.
5. Sear the pork in the skillet until evenly browned on all sides, then insert a probe style thermometer into the thickest part of one tenderloin. Move the skillet to the oven.
6. Roast the pork until the thermometer reads 140°, then remove the pork to a plate to rest at least 10 minutes. If desired, tent with foil to keep warm.
7. Slice thinly to serve as an appetizer.