This simple recipe for grilling bratwurst produces juicy sausages that are never burned and never raw. You can easily adapt it to the stove top if a grill is not available.
2 Tbsp butter
1 large onion, sliced
1 – 2 12 oz cans beer (or apple juice)
1 pound bratwurst
5 hot dog buns or sub rolls
1. On the stove top, melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until the onions begin to soften.
2. Transfer the onions to a disposable foil pan that is large enough to hold all the bratwurst and place over indirect heat on your grill. Add a can or two of cheap beer, enough to cover the sausages at least half way.
3. Grill the brats until golden, turning frequently. then transfer each one to the “hot tub” of beer and onions.
4. Bathe the brats for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Serve on buns with some of the onions and your favorite condiments.