This Apple Butter is easy to make in a slow cooker. You’ll need a 5 to 6 quart cooker to accommodate all those apples.
6 pounds apples, peeled, cored, & sliced
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
1. Place peeled and sliced apples in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
2. Add vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Cook on low for 18 hours. If your crock pot is fast cooking, cook on high for 10 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Put the mixture into a blender in batches or use an emersion blender to remove any lumps.
5. Seal in jars or refrigerate.
Yield: 9 half pint bottles (9 cups)