These Stuffed Mushrooms are light but filling.
1 tsp olive oil
8 large mushroom caps, cleaned
1 slice whole wheat bread, roughly torn
1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
1 extra large egg
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh broccoli, lightly steamed
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Coat the bottom of a 9″ pie pan with the olive oil and arrange the mushroom caps stem side up.
3. In a mini food processor, combine the bread and Parmesan. Pulse the bread into crumbs. Remove to a very small bowl and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the egg and ricotta until smooth. Stir in the salt, pepper, and rice, then fold in the broccoli.
5. Mound the broccoli mixture firmly into the mushroom caps. Carefully invert each mushroom into the crumbs to coat. Sprinkle any remaining crumbs evenly over the mushrooms, pressing lightly into place.
6. Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and lightly browned.