Everyone loves this easy Broccoli Salad recipe made with bacon, craisins and sweet onion in a delicious creamy and tangy dressing. Almonds are optional.
2 heads fresh broccoli, cut into small florets
1 cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
1/2 cup almonds, sliced (optional)
1. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and plunge into ice cold water to stop the cooking. Transfer to a colander to dry.
2. In a large bowl mix together mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Stir well.
3. Add broccoli, bacon, onion, cranberries or raisins and almonds to the bowl. Stir to combine.
4. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Toss again to coat before serving.
5. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.