This makes a great side dish, but try it for breakfast, too!
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup green onions, sliced
1/2 cup converted brown rice
2 cups broth, divided
1/2 cup quinoa
1/3 cup craisins
1. In a small saucepan, melt together the butter and oil, then add the walnuts and cook until lightly toasted. Add the green onion and cook until just beginning to soften.
2. Stir in the rice and one cup of the broth and bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer 20 minutes.
3. Stir in the quinoa and remaining cup of broth. Again bring to a boil, cover, and simmer an additional 15 minutes on medium low.
4. Stir in the craisins, remove from the heat, and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff with a fork and serve.