Just cheesy enough!
4 oz light cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
1 large head cauliflower, about 2 pounds, cut into large florets
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup baking mix
3 extra large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne pepper), or to taste
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and place in a large bowl to soften.
3. Microwave the cauliflower until crisp-tender and let stand to cool, then chop coarsely.
4. In the large bowl, stir the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the cheddar and ricotta, then add the baking mix, eggs, milk, onions, nutmeg, salt, and both peppers and stir until well blended. Stir in the cauliflower.
5. Coat a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with spray. Transfer the cauliflower mixture into the dish.
6. In a large skillet, melt the butter then turn off the heat. Toss the bread crumbs in the butter until evenly coated, and sprinkle over the casserole. Cover and bake 25 to 30 minutes, then uncover and bake 10 minutes longer to brown and crisp the topping.