These potato and cheddar cheese stuffed pierogies couldn’t be easier to make. They only contain 3 ingredients, plus salt and pepper to taste. After they are cooked, drizzle them with a little melted butter or olive oil.
2 pounds russet potatoes
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
salt & pepper to taste
1 16 oz pkg egg roll wrappers
1. In a large pot, place peeled and cubed potatoes in cold salted water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender.
2. Drain the potatoes well, then mash until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheese, salt, and pepper.
3. To fill the pierogies, place one egg roll wrapper on a work surface and keep the rest covered with a damp towel. Spoon about 2 Tbsp. of the potato mixture in the center, then brush all the edges with water. Fold the wrapper over the filling to form a triangle. Working from the center out, press all the air out of the pierogie and crimp the edges tightly with a fork to seal.
4. As each is filled, place the pierogies on a covered baking sheet until ready to cook. They may be frozen at this point.
5. Refill the pot with salted water and bring to a gentle boil.
6. Drop the pierogies into the boiling water a couple at a time. Do not crowd the pot. Cook until the pierogies float to the top, then cook a minute longer. Remove from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
Each serving is 2 pierogies