This fun side dish takes a little work, but it really makes an impression, especially with the kids.
You may have to bake the bacon bowls in batches, depending on how many custard cups you have.
1 pound bacon
1 recipe Low Guilt Mac and Cheese
1. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Cut one pound of sliced bacon in half.
3. Drape half slices of bacon over an inverted custard cup in a spoke fashion to cover the custard cup. Invert a second cup over the bacon.
4. Place the custard cups on the baking sheet and bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees, then remove the top custard cup and continue baking until the bacon is crisp, another 5 minutes or so.
5. Remove from the oven to cool before inverting the bacon bowl onto a plate and removing the custard cup.
6. While the bacon bowls are baking prepare, the Mac and Cheese. When ready to serve, fill each bacon bowl with hot Mac and Cheese and enjoy.