If you are lucky enough to have garden fresh tomatoes, substitute them for the salsa or tomato sauce. Dice peeled tomatoes with their juice into a two cup measure, then top it off with water as needed.
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp dry red chili flakes
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1 small green pepper chopped
1 small yellow pepper chopped
4 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced, (1 cup)
1 cup salsa or tomato sauce
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
8 oz bow-tie pasta, dry
1 cup water, or as needed
6 oz shredded Cheddar cheese, (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Select Saute on the electric pressure cooker. When the display indicates Hot add the oil and red pepper flakes and let cook a few seconds before adding the onion and 1/4 tsp of salt. Saute one minute.
2. Add green pepper, yellow pepper, and mushrooms or any kind of mixed veggies. Add salsa or tomato sauce, ground cumin, dried oregano, pasta and water. Combine well.
3. Close the pot with the lid and make sure the vent is closed.
4. Click Manual- Low pressure and set time to 6 minutes.
5. When the time is up do a quick pressure release to avoid over-cooking the pasta.
6. When the pressure has been released, open the lid and stir until well combined. Stir in the parsley and cheese, then correct the seasoning to taste.