I make two kinds of sweet potato fries. Sometimes they are sweet, and sometimes savory. Both seasoning option are included here. The baking method remains the same for both.
1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
1 Tbsp canola oil or coconut oil
1 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp raw sugar (or granulated)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to personal preference)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. In a small bowl, mix together your choice of seasoning ingredients.
3. Slice each potato vertically into 6 to 8 wedges.
4. In a large bowl, melt together the oil and butter. Add the potato wedges and toss to coat. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle with the seasoning blend.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes.
6. Remove the fries from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes or more. Raise the oven temperature to 450°.
7. Return the fries to the hot oven. Again, turn the potatoes after about 10 minutes, then continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, another 10 to 15 minutes.
Yield: 2 generous servings or 4 lighter servings