Roasted garlic and herb grill seasoning, such as those by Weber or McCormick, give these potatoes their zing. A two-stage baking process gives them wonderful texture; crispy outsides and creamy insides.
2 medium russet potatoes, about 7 oz. each
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tsp roasted garlic and herb seasoning
1. Scrub to potatoes well and allow to dry.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Slice each potato vertically into 6 wedges.
4. On a foil lined baking sheet, coat potatoes with the olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°, turning once after about 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let stand 15 or 20 minutes while you work on other meal items.
7. Raise the oven to 450° and return the potatoes to the hot oven. Again, turn the potatoes after about10 minutes, then continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, another 10 to 15 minutes.