Nothing tastes better on a blustery evening than our Chili. Try it with Chili Cheese Corn Muffins on the side. Chili freezes well, if you have any left!
1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
10 oz diced tomato, with green chili
8 oz tomato sauce
8 oz beef stock
2 15 ounce cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 ounce can red beans, in chili sauce
1. In a large pot over medium heat, brown ground beef seasoned with salt and pepper. Add chopped onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until veggies are soft. Add chili powder and cumin. Cook and stir 3 more minutes.
2. Add tomatoes with green chilies, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce and beef broth then cover and simmer 30 minutes more.
4. Add the 3 cans of beans, cover and simmer an additional 30 minutes.
5. Serve with your choice of toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, or green onions.