This creamy soup tastes like you simmered it for hours, but in an electric pressure cooker it cooks in less than one.
1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
1 package taco seasoning mix, (1/4 cup)
12 oz boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut in 1-inch pieces
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 10 oz can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
3 cups chicken broth
1 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
8 oz uncooked penne pasta
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
1. Sprinkle the chicken pieces liberally with some of the taco seasoning, reserving any remaining seasoning.
2. Select the Sauté setting, add the oil, and when hot, add the chicken and brown on all sides. Add the onions and cook until slightly softened. Select Cancel,
3. Mix the soup, broth, tomatoes, chiles and remaining taco seasoning mix into the insert. Stir in the pasta.
4. Secure the lid and set pressure valve to Sealing. Select Manual and cook on high pressure 7 minutes. Select Cancel. Set pressure valve to Venting to quick-release pressure.
5. Immediately stir the soup to separate the pasta. Stir in the cilantro and cheese. Select Keep Warm and let stand covered 10 minutes.