Cook up a batch of this Super Broccoli Cheese Soup super fast in your electric pressure cooker. I’ll bet it will take you longer to prep the veggies than to cook this super healthy soup.
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 large onion, diced
3 medium carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 bunch fresh broccoli
1 quart chicken broth
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. In the insert of an electric pressure cooker, melt the butter and sauté the onion, carrots, and celery until tender . Season with half the salt and pepper.
2. Peel and chop the broccoli. Pour the broth along with the broccoli into the cooker. Close the lid, making sure the valve is sealed, and cook on high pressure for 1 minute.
3. When the cooking time is up, use a quick release to vent the pressure, then remove the lid.
4. Process the soup with an immersion blender until smooth ( or carefully work in batches in a conventional blender).
5. Turn the cooker back on the sauté function and stir in the cheese to melt. Do not allow the soup to come to a boil. Stir in the cream, adding more cream if desired. Season with the remaining salt and pepper to taste.