Serve with your choice of hearty crackers or crusty toasted baguettes.
If you happen to have three 4″ spring form pans, this recipe is easily divided and frozen.
6 slices bacon, diced
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups light ricotta cheese ( 15 oz.)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 extra large eggs
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°.
2. Cook bacon until crisp in large skillet. Remove to paper towels with slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Cook onion and garlic in drippings about 6 minutes or until tender. Drain in a strainer and discard the bacon drippings.
4. In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, cream, flour, salt and cayenne pepper. With electric beater, beat until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, then beat until smooth.
5. Stir the bacon, cooked onion mixture, and green onions into the ricotta mixture.
6. Lightly grease sides and bottom of an 8 or 9 inch baking dish or spring form pan, then pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
7. Remove to a wire cooling rack and cool to room temperature.