This recipe for Deviled Eggs is just that: basic. They are delicious as is, but you can jazz them up any way you like. I often stir in some finely minced onion, diced olives, or pickle relish. Worcestershire sauce or your favorite mustard will add a little kick, as will a dash of hot sauce. A sprinkling of paprika over the top is pretty, too.
6 extra large eggs, boiled and peeled
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop the yolks into a bowl and reserve the white shells on a plate.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the yolks and mash with a fork or use an electric mixer to create a very smooth paste.
3. Stir in any optional ingredients.
4. With a spoon or pastry bag mound equal amounts of the egg filling into the white halves.
5. Refrigerate until serving.