Cream Puff Shells aren’t just for dessert. They can be stuffed with anything, sweet or savory, from creamy puddings to shrimp salad.
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. In a saucepan, combine the water, butter, and salt and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
3. Immediately add the flour all at once. With a wooden spoon, stir vigorously until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms a ball. Cool slightly.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until the mixture is smooth and glossy after each.
5. Drop 16 mounds, about 1 Tbsp. each, onto each of two baking sheets. Leave 2 inches between each.
6. Bake 15 minutes, then reduce the oven to 350° and bake until no bubbles of fat remain on the surface and the sides feel rigid, about 25-30 minutes.
7. Allow to cool.