These quesadillas aren’t particularly Mexican, but they sure are tasty. Serve them with rice and refried beans anyway.
4 oz. diced cooked ham
2 oz. shredded Mexican Blend or Monterey Jack Cheese
2 large whole wheat tortillas
1/4 small onion, very thinly sliced
2 tsp softened butter
1. In a small bowl, stir together the ham and cheese.
2. Spread half of this mixture on each tortilla and top with half the onion.
3. Fold each tortilla in half to close and spread with some of the butter.
4. Place the tortillas buttered side down in a large non-stick skillet, then spread the remaining butter on the top side.
5. Cook over medium low heat, turning once, until golden brown and the cheese is melted.