Hummus is such a tasty snack that you’d never guess how nutritious it is. Make sure to reserve some of the juice when you drain the beans. It will be needed to adjust the texture of the finished hummus.
1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans
1 Tbsp roasted garlic
3 Tbsp tahini
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
3/4 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
2 Tbsp light sour cream
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Drain garbanzos in a wire mesh strainer, reserving juices
2. In a small food processor, combine garlic, lemon juice, salt, cumin, paprika, sour cream, and 2 Tbsp reserved garbanzo juice. Blend until smooth. Add garbanzos and again blend until smooth, adding more juice by the tablespoon until close to the desired consistency.
3. Stream in the olive oil, adding a little more if desired.
4. Taste, and adjust seasoning to taste.
5. Serve with warm pita wedges, crackers, or raw veggies.