These meatballs are a lighter, healthier alternative to buffalo wings, and you can easily make them right in the slow cooker! Emily found this recipe on the internet and uses bottled Ranch dressing instead of blue cheese.
1 pound ground chicken
3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3/4 cup buffalo sauce
1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, Panko, egg, garlic and onion powder and green onions; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined. Roll the mixture into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch meatballs, forming about 24 meatballs.
3. Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes, or until all sides are browned.
4. Place meatballs into a slow cooker. Add buffalo sauce and gently toss to combine. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours.
5. Serve immediately, drizzled with blue cheese dressing, if desired.