If you prefer cold dips to hot spreads, just increase the sour cream to one cup and serve as is.
1 Tbs olive oil
1/4 cup minced onion
1 large clove garlic, crushed & chopped
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
10 oz fresh spinach
14 oz frozen artichoke quarters, steamed & chopped
8 oz Neufchatel cheese, softened
4 oz shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
3/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. In a large non-stick skillet sauté the onions in olive oil until softened. Add the garlic, salt, and peppers and cook until fragrant. Add the spinach gradually, tossing to wilt.
3. Transfer the spinach mixture to a wire strainer and press to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl combine the Neufchatel, 3 ounces of the grated cheese blend, sour cream, and the mayo. Stir until smooth then add the spinach mixture and artichokes, mixing to combine.
5. Transfer the spread to a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and top with the remaining grated cheese.
6. Bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 20 minutes.