This recipe may very well be my best as far as barbecued chicken goes. I really should call it “Three Part Chicken” because I like to brine the chicken first, but that’s not a requirement.
1 1/2 pounds bone in chicken breast halves
1 cup Grill Basting Sauce
1/2 cup Grill Finishing Sauce
1. If desired, brine the chicken over night.
2. Build a two zone charcoal fire with all the charcoal on one side of the grill.
3. Grill the chicken, covered, over indirect heat, mopping with the Grill basting sauce every 10 to 15 minutes.
4. After 45 minutes, or when the chicken is nearly done, brush on the Grill Finishing Sauce. After 5 minutes turn the chicken and brush on more sauce.
5. Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.