With the flavor of a chocolate dipped strawberry, here is another way to enjoy fresh strawberries before they go out of season. This pie tastes much more decadent than it actually is.
For the crust:
1/2 14 oz package reduced-fat cream-filled sandwich cookies (Oreos)
2 Tbsp butter, melted
For the filling:
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1 14 ounce can fat-free evaporated milk
4 oz Neufchatel cheese, softened
1 1/4 oz package unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup sugar
Magical Ice Cream Topping
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
1. Chill the cream in a medium glass bowl while working with the other ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. For the crust:
3. In a food processor, pulse the cookies and butter into fine crumbs. Firmly press the crumbs into a deep dish pie pan to form a crust. Bake 10 minutes to set, then cool completely.
4. For the filling:
5. In a clean food processor bowl, pulse strawberries just until finely chopped.
6. In a large bowl, combine the condensed milk, cream cheese, gelatin, and sugar, beating until smooth. Add the strawberries and beat just until blended.
7. With an electric mixer, beat the cream at high speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture and spoon into the prepared crust. Freeze 8 hours or until firm.
8. Before serving drizzle with Magical Ice Cream Topping. Garnish with Chocolate Covered Strawberries if desired.